Friday 6 October 2017

Tweedy Ribbed Cowl Neckwarmer



Winter is coming ........
This cosy cowl neckwarmer is perfect for those colder days and evenings ahead !
 
Knitted using two strands of Aran weight yarn it is quick and easy to knit
- and as it is folded over - it provides double the warmth.
 I love the feeling of it around my ears. So cosy.
 
If you use 2 different colours of yarn you get a 'tweedy' look.
I chose white and a lovely flecked blue, and I am really happy with the result.

Tweedy Ribbed Cowl Neckwarmer



Tweedy Ribbed Cowl Neckwarmer

 
Requires:

7 ½ mm needles

2 x UK Aran Weight yarns     (US Worsted Weight)     (AUS  10ply)

116 -120g in total
 

 
Size:

Width ~ 24” when ribbing is stretched out

Height ~ variable ~ I made mine 13”

 
Instructions:

Cast on 56sts

Work in 2 x 2 rib throughout

Continue until work measure around 13”

Cast off loosely (or use a stretchy cast off)

Join the seam

Fold over to give a double thickness

 

Tip ~

Work your 2 x 2 rib in whatever way you usually knit. K2, P2 all across the row will work out fine.
But I wanted to share how I knit this.

I work my 2 x 2 rib this way:

1st Row:       S1, * k2, p2, repeat from * to last 3sts, k3

2nd Row:       S1, * p2, k2, repeat from * to last 3sts, p2, k1

Slipping the first stitch of each row knitwise, and knitting the last stitch of every row gives a little ‘bump’ and the row ends. One ‘bump’ for every two rows as worked.

When I join the seam – I join ‘bump’ to ‘bump’ and this makes it very easy.

The seam is almost invisible to see on the right side.

 
I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.  
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.   

However, please do not copy my patterns
 
Copyright © 2017 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced
or republished on another webpage or website.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment